Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thing #22

I was pretty excited about joining the Nings but once I joined some Librarian groups I got kind of disappointed because it looks like no one uses them much. I joined one group for middle school librarians and there are just a handful of members......and no one has written on it in a long while. Everyone is so busy running their library, teaching, etc. and I think people have a hard time finding even a few minutes in the day to get online and share with others professionally. I'm not sure what the solution is but Ning seems like a cool idea - just doesn't seem to be utilized much by some groups.

My husband found some Nings that fit his profession and he had never heard of them. He joined them tonight and they are very active Nings.

I can see creating a Ning for the librarians in our district where we could go online and comment about library 'stuff' in a more private way than sending email through the district. But I really feel like more people feel more comfortable picking up the telephone.

No comments:

Post a Comment