Monday, April 19, 2010

Thing #13

I spent a lot of time using Delicious for personal interests and had a great time organizing lots of information. I took all of my multitudes of websites out of Favorites and moved them into Delicious and tagged each one using several different tags. The anal, organized side of me just had a grand time getting this task done. I made a tag named "Matthew" for my son and put all of his guitar, music, surfing, skateboarding and sports websites in Delicious. No more digging through such a huge list in favorites to find my sites! Delicious was something I can see myself using a lot at home AND at school. No more going to each computer to find the website you saved and looking for it at your school computer and then realizing you saved it at home.

For students, especially if they were working on research, it would be a great tool for keeping up with all the websites they were using for a specific project and tagging it as such. This would be applicable for K-12 as well as college. I added UHCL's home page, SBISD Library Page, and Library2Play websites to my Delicous account to make it much easier to find the sites I use again and again while taking this course.

I am also excited to use it to share bookmarks with teachers and other librarians. I have found great sites for YA books that I would like to share and could put them under a tag such as Books and BISD so they could check out what I found.

The Delicious icons are now on the Toolbar so I can find it easily at my home computer. This one is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment