Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thing #11

I added books to my Library Thing account and then reviewed 2 of the books I added. I feel it could be so helpful for me when I have a question about recommending books for students who want a book "just like The Hunger Games" You can go into a group related to middle school books and will get responses from all over the country with some great suggestions. I also liked the way you could share your lists with others. It's a great way to keep track of all the books I've read - especially when I'm trying to think of a title or author and can't quite remember it!
I'll definitely use Library Thing and will encourage my students to set up an account of their own.

2 comments:

  1. gosh, if you come up with any ideas for that question about Hunger Games, please share! I know several librarians who would pay for the info! :-) That books is really the hot one in most circles these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear The Maze Runner on the 2010 Lone Star List is a good one to recommend....and I got Suzanne Collins autograph at TLA!!!!

    ReplyDelete