Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thing #15

I really am amazed after watching the video and also reading Dr. Schultz's article....technology is moving so fast it almost frightens me in a way - do I have what it takes to live in a 3.-0 and even 4.0 world as seen by Dr. Schultz? The virtual world idea seems odd to me ...first of all, who has time to take part in Second Life? I checked out the website and can see the attraction but after putting in a full day at work, taking care of family and all that offers, and trying to stay healthy by exercising, when would I have time to use and take part in a 4.0 world?

Librarians I think are for the most part embracing the 2.0 tools to make their libraries more accessible and relevant to their patrons. I think some school districts - like mine - are very slow to see the value of 2.0 tools and are only focused on protecting kids from the internet. Unfortunately our students are being left behind as the world moves forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment