Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thing #5


Flickr - Thing #5
Well I wanted to upload an image from The Hunger Games and found a great photo someone created that showed an actress portraying Katniss with a torch in her hand. I was never able to upload this photo. I'm not sure if it was protected or something like that. Anyway, I liked this one second best. It shows the mockingjay and has a cool quote from the book.
This book is unbelievably popular at my school. The kids are just enthralled with this series. They can't wait till August 24 for the newest book Mockingjay to be published!
My son, who is 17 and only reads if forced to, was given The Hunger Games as a gift and finally started reading it this past weekend. He has not put it down. He even gave up watching The Office reruns for the 200th time in order to read!
I see in my TLA conference program that Suzanne Collins will be in San Antonio. I'm determined to get some autographed copies to use as rewards at our end of the year school awards program. Wouldn't the kids go crazy???? I'm going to be waiting for a long time in a huge line and there are some authors I would not do this for. For this book, I'll do it!

2 comments:

  1. lucky kids who get your signed copies!

    the picture you had trouble trying to get...it was a Flickr CC one?
    if you send info about it, let me look adn see if I can see what might be the hang up...
    we really count on it being easy for kids to get pix from this resource...hope it doesn't start becoming a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaughn, I ended up being able to access it after all. I don't know what I was doing wrong but managed upload it with no trouble tonight. Just had a little trouble getting the photo into the trading card but ended up getting it in.

    ReplyDelete