Monday, March 22, 2010

Thing #2

It has been about 9 months since I last watched the video about lifelong learning I have changed my mind about what is the easiest habit for me. I have evolved my thinking toward learning new things (technology) and instead of just wanting to throw in the towel and give up at the first sign of trouble and calling my son or husband for help, I have decided that I'm only going to get better and more comfortable with technology if I accept responsibility for my own learning. What a revelation! For me it is a matter of using a new skill on the computer often so that it becomes second nature....and doing the 23 Things definitely gives great hands on experience with trying and using new technologies.

The hardest of the habits is to have confidence....I'm always second guessing myself and still get a little intimidated in new situations and feel like others have more value to add than I do. I guess I'll spend a lifetime working on this one.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is very interesting that you have changed your thoughts about what the easiest habit fr you is. I know adapting to technology was always a challenge for me and I am just like you...I know the first few times are going to be hard for me and take time, but I know I won't get any better without taking the first step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to think about that when getting frustrated with Thing #6 - creating the Trading Card. I wanted to give up on the card and do something else but just kept at it. You're right - I'll never forget that step again. Trial & error is a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete