Monday, August 3, 2009

Topic #19

I enjoyed browsing through the list of award winners and got caught up in Yelp - looking at restaurants in Houston mainly! The other tools I enjoyed looking at for personal use were I'm Cooked, HairMixer, and Craigslist to name a few.

Some of the ones that I've used in the past and will continue to use are iGoogle, You Tube for book trailers, Rollyo for narrowing down websites for research projects, Picasa, Flickr, and Wikispaces. I am so glad I've worked through the 23 things because of what all I've been exposed to through this course but also for the first time knowing a few things that my husband doesn't know about computers! I am looking forward to showing teachers at my school some of the new tools that I've checked out. Obviously I need to spend more time learning more details of each of the tools.

1 comment:

  1. Rollyo was a favorite of mine as well. It is going to come in handy for teachers who are wanting students to do research in a time controlled situation

    ReplyDelete