Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #12

2 things important about commenting:
1. I really believe the comment regarding saying more than "I agree" when commenting....you might as well have said nothing. If you do care about what the blogger is writing about, you can always find something to add to the discussion. If there is nothing else to say, better not to say anything and wait till the discussion gets more interesting or goes in a different direction.

2. I also liked the idea of the blogger asking specifically for responses in an effort to get more comments. This seems like it would really help to get the discussion going if it has been a few days since you posted a blog and no one has responded with a comment.

5 blogs : 23 Things

I wrote comments on 5 blogs tonight that I have been reading since starting 23 Things. I had not taken much time to write comments before tonight & see that it is a valuable tool in the educaitonal process. I am having fun reading everyone's blogs and will try to make a commitment to comment more often this school year on the blogs that I follow.

2 blogs: Blogs outside the world of 23 Things:

1. Lone Star Reading List Discussion Blog - perfect for me with the summer reading task I laid out for myself - to read every Lone Star Book! LOVED reading all the comments about the books I've read and getting in on the discussion.

2. Book Trailers - You Tube:

I've been really "into" book trailers since I attended the TLA Book Trailer session. I found lots of really good ones on You Tube and joined You Tube so I could comment on them. I have found some good ones to use with my students when we start school. My kids have never seen one so I'm anticipating they will cause lots of excitement!

1 comment:

  1. I too underestimated the importance of commenting, and after completing this thing started commenting more. Our kids love book trailers, and they really help to 'sell' those books.

    ReplyDelete