Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing #7

I explored Google Scholar, and Advanced Google Search. These are basically databases that are easily accessible and intuitive .

Atomic Learning was completely new to me. I see that it is available as a paid subscription and our district, of course, does not subscribe. This would be a fantastic tool for me to work through as well as many of the teachers at my campus. It's a self-directed training website to work through to add to your repertoire of tech skills.

I also checked out Google Calendar. Since I already use Outlook Calendar, I was not really interested in creating an additional calendar.

3 comments:

  1. occasionally Atomic Learning will put up some free tutorials so you may want to check in occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our school has subscribed to Atomic Learning for about 3 years. I've taken hours and hours of tutorials with it. It actually is not very expensive at all. Maybe your district would consider it. They've added a student tech assessment to their offerings this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atomic learning is a great toll to use to start from the basics. I have actually recommended it to people working in private businesses and they tell me that they would have never gotten as far as they have without watching some of the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete